- Blow-out Deals
- Tools & Bags
- Team Apparel
- Sep 20, 2020 We welcome Tam Chi Man and Hui Chin Ho to Team Serpent Hong Kong We welcome Tam Chi Man and Hui Chin Ho to Team Serpent Hong Kong
- Sep 20, 2020 We welcome Tam Chi Man and Hui Chin Ho to Team Serpent Hong Kong 🇭🇰
- Sep 11, 2020 Serpent Natrix 750 EVO is coming soon! The Serpent 750 Evo Natrix is the evolution of the ultra-successful 750. To improve the car we left no stone unturned and tried our ultimate best to make an even better car
- Aug 17, 2020 Michael Salven wins 40+ Maters race at ENS in Aigen Austria
- Aug 17, 2020 David Ehrbar wins TOS race at the Arena 33 track After the long corona break it was a very good feeling to have a race again. The best place for the first race is of course Arena 33, where also the third round of ETS will be held in 4 weeks, so it was a good preparation for that, too. It is so much fun to drive on the new track here. I was testing a few new prototype parts for the F110 SF4. The performance was good, and my pit space was rather remote, so I decided to use the car with the “secret” prototype parts for the TOS race to do more testing during the race, and lend out my “race car” to Sören Sparbier, who was very happy with the car after his first try. Sorry, only a picture of my "race car" that Sören drove this time ;-)
The ASOGER track is one I have struggled a lot last year. The weather forcast was not good for this race. Anyways, I felt prepared. The design of the F110 SF4 should suit this track a lot better than the SF3.
I brought 2 cars, one for rather high grip with inline lipo configuration and one with lipo cross configuration for low grip.
From last year I knew that in the cold wather the grip would be very low, and it would be crucial to keep temperature in the rear tires.
I ended up using the lipo cross car most of the race as it never got really warm.
Thursday there was a good practice day, while the whole friday and half of saturday got washed out. Anyways my car was good for qualifying. I was just a bit too careful, as I knew it would probably only be 2 runs as a maximum.
In the first qualifying I was a bit too careful at the beginning, as I did not want to throw it away. Still I was only 0.1s down on the fastest lap and 3s down on 5 minutes on a TQ run, sittin gin 6th place.
In the 2nd qualifying the traction was really low. I wanted to go full risk. Unfortunately I spun already at the start, as the grip was very low, loosing around 4 seconds. Without that it would have been an easy TQ round. But still it was a solid 3rd place. Meaning I would start from 5.
In the first final the grip was again very low. I pushed hard, and courd finish in 2nd place.
In the second final I gambled and saved the tires for the last run. Meaning I struggled a lot, especially at the beginning, when most cars had more grip.
In the 3rd final, I could again easily improve a few spots, finishing 3rd.
Overall the performance of the car was good. In the cold low grip conditions I was one of the fastest. This shows the great improvement of the SF4 for low grip conditions. And still in the higher grip (like in Q1) the performance of the car was good.
I look forward now to the next ETS round in Austria.
Till next time
Setup can be found here: https://www.serpent.com/xcart/cart.php?target=product&product_id=10600#product-details-tab-Setups