- Blow-out Deals
- Tools & Bags
- Team Apparel
- Jun 15, 2022 Serpent Medius X20 '23 carbon is shipping now!! A continual evolution of the original X Series of Touring Cars!
- Apr 5, 2022 Team Serpent present at the 2022 EOS in Göttingen Germany Great job from the whole team!!
- Mar 22, 2022 Arnaud Chaussard reports about the CF in Grenoble What I liked less: the lack of cooling fan holder, no room to work on the receiver, the difficulties encountered with the motorization for a first race.
- Mar 1, 2022 Klas Bredberg is apointed as Nordic team manager for the Serpent offroad Division Klas Bredberg is apointed as Nordic team manager for the Serpent offroad division.
- Mar 1, 2022 Alvaro Fernandez joins Serpent Factory Team!! Alvaro Fernandez joins Serpent Factory Team.
What is your name, age, profesison and where do you come from ?
A; My name is Michael Nilsson and I'm 24 years old. I have a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Design Engineering and I live in Gothenburg, Sweden. As for now I am studying for my Master's degree in Advanced Engineering Materials.
When was your 1st test with the Serpent 411
A: I ran my S411 the past weekend, at a carpet event called West Coast Racing Weekend. Drivers from all around the south-western part of Sweden got together and drove touring cars all weekend long, from Friday to Sunday. It was a lot of fun, and a great kick start of the Winter season!
Which car did you race so far ?
A: I have raced both the Xray T'2009 and the Xray T3. Long before that I ran the classic Associated TC3...
What can you say about the handling and performance of the 411 ?
A: The immediate notice is that the S411 has a lot grip and a lot of steering, which is a good thing! With the Xrays, I always struggled with understeering. Despite having good front grip, the rear end of the S411 still tracks like a slot car in high speed sweeps. I have made some small changes to the box setup, but nothing major. I'm feeling very confident already that this car is going to be a killer!
When is your next big race and what are the raceplans for this winter ?
A: As a student, my racing is kind of on a budget. I would love to go to the ETS-races, but it's not possible right now. I will attend the DHI Cup in Denmark in Januari though, since that's the high light of the year in my opinion. It's a well-organized race and all the top drivers are there. There's no better practise than racing with the best. Other than that, I will compete in all major Swedish indoor leagues.
Which radio and electronics do you use ?
A: Whatever I get my hands on. I have a Sanwa M11X, which I like very much.
Do you race other rc classes as well, if yes which ?
A; In summer time I race 1/8 nitro buggy. It's an interesting class in that regard that it's completely different from 1/10 touring cars. Much knowledge is applicable in both classes, though, so it's a great way to learn.
Which are your sponsors in Sweden ?
A: My sponsors in Sweden are HobbyProdukter, Serpent, Novarossi, MND and Xceed.
Thanks for all information. Good luck with the Winter racing, and we hope to see many race reports and wins !
Team Serpent Sweden