- Blow-out Deals
- Tools & Bags
- Team Apparel
- Jun 15, 2022 Serpent Medius X20 '23 carbon is shipping now!! A continual evolution of the original X Series of Touring Cars!
- Apr 5, 2022 Team Serpent present at the 2022 EOS in Göttingen Germany Great job from the whole team!!
- Mar 22, 2022 Arnaud Chaussard reports about the CF in Grenoble What I liked less: the lack of cooling fan holder, no room to work on the receiver, the difficulties encountered with the motorization for a first race.
- Mar 1, 2022 Alvaro Fernandez joins Serpent Factory Team!! Alvaro Fernandez joins Serpent Factory Team.
- Mar 1, 2022 Klas is apointed nordic team manager for the Serpent offroad Division Klas Bredberg is apointed a nordic team manager for the Serpent offroad division.
SDD team driver Oscar Cabezas was in top form at the third round of the Spanish 1:8 Onroad Nationals at Gijon over the weekend where the reigning champion took his first win of the season in all conquering fashion.
Having lead the Main Final at both Rounds 1 & 2 of the championship only to hit problems, Round 3 would see a change of luck for the super fast Spaniard. Practice for the event went really well with Oscar\'s 960 \'08 was working fantasticially. His Mega MF engines were also working really well and in controlled practice he was fastest breaking the track record several times.
Unfortunately for the opening two qualifiers at Gijon, Oscar experienced some small problems but still managed the 3rd fastest time.
With the car and engine working perfectly again for Heat 3 he produced a pole time but not content with this he then went on to a track record run time in fourth to secure his first TQ of the 2008 championship.
Sunday\'s racing was greeted by a lot of rain but by the time the Main Final was ready to run the track was dry but there was still a chance of more rain.
A rough start to the 45-minute encounter saw Oscar\'s Xceed and Merlin Fuel supported Serpent hit several times and at the end of the opening lap he found himself in fourth position. Quickly the No.1 car worked its way back up to second and then back into the race lead. Faster than the chasing pack Oscar soon opened up a lead of several seconds.
With his tyres running low and his lap times dropping off as a result the Serpent team driver opted to change tyres at the 25-minute stage entering the pits at the same time as the second placed car. With his pit crew having trouble with one of the wheels the second placed driver had a quicker stop allowing him to retake the lead as Oscar lost 7 seconds.
Now running second, Oscar set about a determined drive to chase down the new leader. With 10-minutes to run in the race he was on the leader\'s tail and on 7-minutes remaining he retook control of the race where he would stay til the finish to take his first win of the season.
Joining Oscar in the final were fellow Serpent 960 drivers Edu Escandón who finished sixth and David Menendez who claimed 8th. Unfortunately Miguel Boned who was 9th fastest in qualifying had bad luck in his Semi-Final and missed out on making it to the Main Final.
Very happy with the performance of the car and his engines and having finally got some luck on his side Oscar is looking forward to Round 4 of the championship where he will be looking to take victory number 2.